Friday, January 1, 2010

J's goals for a fabulous year

After a great, yet not very productive year, J decided that to make 2010 the best year possible she needed to come up with a few goals that she could accomplish. To make the goals the most useful J had to look back at the past year and look at the areas that really needed some help! so after much contemplation, she came up with this list of 7 goals:
  1. No sweets (or soda)
  2. Finish The Book of Mormon
  3. Read the scriptures and pray daily
  4. Exercise at least 3 times a week
  5. Control anger
  6. Decrease procrastination...lets admit it, J could never totally be free of this :]
  7. Write in my journal daily

So the two phat chicks really feel that this year they will become the TWO PHIT CHICKS!! :]

So what they really want to know is.... what are your new years' resolutions? ((Write in the comments please))



Photobucket

1 comment:

Annie and Dan said...

I love your goals, but I did want to give you a tip. In school I studied fitness and wellness and 2 valuable things I learned were: 1)Be specific and realistic. So with no sweets the no soda specification is great! I might also specify your goal and allow some wiggle room. So no sweets unless it is a holiday or special occassion. This way you don't feel left out of the fun and it isn't very often. Or you can have one treat once a week. Just a suggestion. 2) Remember that set backs happen. So going forward you are trying to be perfect, but know that if you slip up it is OK!! Tomorrow is a new day and you can start again. Happy 2010.

A goal that I have and usually have is that I try and do 1 set of push-ups and one set of sit-ups at least 5 days a week. I usually do them before I go to be or before I get in the shower in the morning. It is small but I think it makes a big difference.