Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY 2011!

so i told yall that i would sumarize my WW meeting topic...so here is what i got out of it :)

the topic was "PointsPlus 2011...A Second Honeymoon!" it was all about how we can be starting over, in a good way! :) and how to set achievable goals this year. my leaders name is JoJo and i absolutely LOVE her! she is by far one of the best leaders i have ever had at WW (remember, this is like my 4th time coming back!) but anyways, she started off with a quote that said, "An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up until midnight to make sure the old year leaves." -American Author Bill Vaughn. I need to be that optimist! :) I am excited for the new year to be here and to make those changes that will last! And i am going to take with me the stuff i have learned from in 2010.

Then she went on to tell us how to set our goals. And here is what a WINNING OUTCOME should look like:
  • positive

  • specific

  • within your control

  • a good fit with your life

i like it! :) so for my weight loss new years resolution i am going to say NO SODA (including diet) ! positive, because it will help me be healthier (check) specific (check) within my control, i've done it before for a whole year :) (check) and a good fit for my life (check)

and for my personal i haven't quote decided. i am either going to do 365 Days of Pictures or write in a journal every day. and i think both of those would pass the winning outcome check list :)

I am just excited for the new year! i know i am still not going to be perfect, but it gives me a chance to start fresh and to try and make positive changes in my life :)

the only think i am worried about is tonight new years eve party with the familia and friends :/ i know there is going to be LOTS of yummy food and it is going to be a struggle to try an eat healthy. but for my appetizer i am bringing fruit with a fruit dip and fruit is free on WW. yay for trying to be healthy :) haha. and i am not going to have the mentality i had last year of "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we DIET!" :) haha. i need to change that way of thinking...because "starting tomorrow" on my diet has never worked for me and i need to make the changes TODAY!

anyways, i hope you all have a goal in mind for the NEW YEAR! Let's give ourselves a chalenge and something to work at and accomplish!

and i will leave with the quote i left with at WW.

"The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front of you. The past is gone, the future is distant. Today you can succeed! Set a goal you can achieve within the next 24 hours." -Joann Pillifant, WW Leader

*my 24 hours goal is going to be: write everything i put in my mouth down. because then that will help me visualize how much i have ate so i don't overeat at the party*

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Taylor! I love the new look of your blog. And I love the 24 hour quote! I think you should do the 365 days of pictures ... what a great way to track progress!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)